Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shade/Mirror

While I was having a breakdown over my lost work, I found a missing and forgotten notebook.  There are  notes for three of my books in it, as well as a bunch of poetry.  I'm going to do a series of posts using the old, forgotten poetry to take my mind off of things for the moment.  They are dated November 2008.

Shade/Mirror

Showing everything, revealing
nothing.
Bright pools, mirrors
reflective,
but reflecting nothing real.
Show me who you are.
I see no reflection in your eyes.
There is no reflection,
no mirror, only
pure color, only
a shade within.
You elude me,
creature of twilight,
neither dark nor light.
In between.
Rays of murk,
ambiguous.
Oceanic spray.
No remorse, no envy,
only confusion,
loss.
Pelagic quandary.
A cleave between soul and form.
You are not the creature in the mirror,
you are something else.
Who are you?
What are you?
Why do you haunt me?
I almost see you,
but I cannot grasp.
Sleepless dreamer,
the phantom internal,
come out and play.
I want to see you.
I am not afraid.
Reveal.
Hiding no longer?
But, you are!
You always hide.
No truth and no lie,
only fate, only being.
Frailty.
Some fear you,
some ignore you,
so you stay in the shade.
I do not fear you.
Show me your reflection.
I am your mirror.
I am grasping, yet see nothing.
We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment