Friday, May 3, 2019

Mental Health Month

May is Mental Health Month, so I'm going to do something a little different. All* of my book royalties for this month will be donated to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
Why am I doing this? Many of my books, especially The Bacra Chronicles, were born out of my own struggles with prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, and depersonalization-derealization. Writing these stories helped me climb out of the depths of my own personal darkness, and now I want to try to give something back to help other people through their own journeys. May is also the birth month for both my youngest child and me, so it seems fitting to do something that honors both her and the people who held lanterns for us during those months when I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to escape the cave I was lost in.
*This includes ebooks, paperbacks, and KU page reads for all fourteen of my books. Not included are the three multi-author anthologies (Trick or Treat!, HOBOF, Infinite Dysmorphia) since they are through other publishers. There is about a two month delay between book sales/page reads and receiving royalties.



No comments:

Post a Comment